School Ethos & Values
- To promote cultural understanding and awareness of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community.
- To monitor and promote the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the school, including leadership opportunities, especially students with special educational needs.
- To close gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially boys and girls, students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from different heritage groups.
- To further improve accessibility across the school for students, staff and visitors with disabilities, including access to specialist teaching areas.
- To endeavour to ensure that the staff body and representation of staff in leadership roles is reflective of the local community.
- To reduce the incidence of the use of homophobic, sexist and racist language by students in the school.
Believe and Achieve
Poltair School aims to enable all learners to feel a sense of belonging and then to be challenged and supported so that they may achieve their full potential whatever their individual talents and abilities.
In order to achieve this we will:
- Enable our learners to feel safe and secure
- Listen to and care for learners
- Value learners as individuals
- Celebrate their successes
- Nurture self esteem and respect for others
- Offer fun and opportunity through creative learning
As a sports college we will encourage learners to:
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- Learn independently and in a team
- Be fit for life
- Be effective leaders and role models
- Make positive contributions to the community
- Be responsible risk takers
As a community school we aim to prepare learners to:
- Communicate well through writing and speaking
- Be numerate
- Enjoy lifelong learning
- Become active citizens
- Be resilient and resourceful
- Respect our environment