Behaviour Management - Uniform
Poltair School believes first impressions count. Ensuring students attend school smartly dressed and in school uniform is the foundation for high standards in other aspects of school life, including a positive work ethic and conduct in and around school.
Promote equality, unity, a sense of pride and self-worth through ensuring all students adhere to the School Uniform Policy.
- To create an environment conducive to learning
- To promote a high sense of pride and prepares students for the world of work
- To promote student focus and concentration
- To consistently maintain the highest of expectations
Uniform guide and information:
Blazer - Mandatory
The school blazer is a mandatory item of School Uniform, to be worn at all times unless permission has been given by a member of staff.[This item is only available from Cornwall Screenprint]
V Neck jumper - Optional
A navy V-Neck is optional and can be worn under the blazer but not instead of the blazer.[This item is only available from Cornwall Screenprint]
Tie - Mandatory
Our ties have four different coloured stripes which represent the house teams. These are clip on ties and will need a formal white shirt/blouse that must have a top button that can be fastened. [This item is only available from Cornwall Screenprint]
Shirt/Blouse - Mandatory
This is a standard item of uniform, available from any clothing shop or supermarket (including Cornwall Screenprint). The Shirt/Blouse must have a top button that can be fastened to secure the tie. The school shirt/bouse must be tucked in at all times.
Students must wear plain black tailored trousers made of standard material that sit at the waist and shoe line. These must be of a style that is complementary of a blazer. Skirts must be pleated and sit no higher than a credit cards width above the knee. These style of trousers and skirts are available from many clothing shops or supermarket (including Cornwall Screenprint).
We WILL NOT accept:
- Any type of jean, chino, leggings, tight/skinny trousers or tracksuit style trousers. We reserve the right to make a judgement.
- Trousers that do not reach the shoe line and displays the ankle.
School shoes should be plain black and made from leather or leather like material that is polishable in a formal style. It is important that shoes are complementary of a blazer and formal trousers. This style of shoe is available from many clothing shops or supermarkets.
- We WILL NOT accept any type of coloured laces, high heels, canvas, coloured trim, suede material, trainers with logos or boots. Please be sure they are suitable before purchasing and check with us first if you are unsure.
- As of January 2021, all footwear must be leather or leather-like and be a polishable shoe. No logos, regardless of colour should be visible. All black trainers will no longer be allowed for example Vans, Air Force 1s or similar trainers.
PE Kit: Multi Sports Shirt
Students must wear the multi-sports shirt for all PE lessons and sports clubs. Students also have the option of purchasing Poltair long black PE socks and/or the Poltair branded black mid-layer.
[These item is only available from Cornwall Screenprint]
Student must also wear plain black shorts or plain black sports leggings/ tracksuit bottoms. If students do not wish to purchase Poltair socks, long black sports socks should be worn instead. No other jackets can be worn for PE lesson.
Daily, students should have the following equipment:
- Pencil case, pen, pencil, ruler, rubber, pencil sharpener
- A bag large enough to carry an A4 folder
- Scientific calculator
- Drinks bottle
- All students must wear socks
- Socks must be plain black with no logos
- socks must be above ankle height and ensure no skin is showing below the hem of the trousers
- One pair of ear studs, no more that 5mm in width. Silver or gold only.
- Watches are permitted but we advise against Smart watches.
- All other jewellery including rings, necklaces, bracelets
- No other piercings of any kind
Make up, nails, hair
- We do not encourage students to wear make-up. If make-up is worn, it must be subtle and discreet
- Hair must be of natural colour and a formal style.
- Contouring and Eye liner
- Nail varnish of any kind or nail extensions
- We advise all students to have an appropriate outdoor coat to bring to school during cold and/or wet weather.
- e advise you check the website photos of shoes and check with a member of the senior team if unsure about the type of shoes allowed.
- A hoodie does not constitute as an outdoor coat and will potentially be confiscated as not permitted.
- Coats should not be worn inside buildings.
Any student that does not meet the uniform and equipment standards will be sanctioned in accordance with the Behaviour Policy
(see Behaviour Policy.)
The school reserves the right to confiscate items that do not conform this school policy
(in accordance with DFE guidance - Search, screening on confiscation 2018)